Thoughts, ramblings and rants of a husband, father, network engineer, sysadmin, coder, company owner, employer, closet geek, sci fi fan, political anorak, impatient grump...
I live in Dublin, Ireland with my wife and daughter. Co-founder of Island Bridge Networks - a company specialising in internet infrastructure providing NetDevOps services. Founder of Open Solutions which provides an out-sourced CTO service to start-ups. I also help ensure the internet keeps working in Ireland with INEX.
Subscribe to My Blog
Tagsaddressbook asterisk brute force doctrine doctrine orm dovecot email emily ge11 git github gitorious humour inex internet radiio ipv6 ixp ixp manager laravel ldap linkedin links linux monitoring mysql nagios nagios-plugins openldap OSS_SNMP php politics postfix postfix admin postfixadmin privacy radio referendum rte radio seanad sixxs snmp tallystick today fm video vimbadmin
Top Posts & Pages
- Multi-Master LDAP Replication
- Useful RANCID Debugging Tips
- Apple OS X as an NFS Server (with Linux Clients)
- Recovering an LVM Physical Volume
- Monitoring SSL Certificate Expiry Dates with Nagios
- Benchmarking the Mikrotik Routerboards RB750 and RB750G
- Enabling External Commands in Nagios / Ubuntu
- A PHP SNMP Library for People Who HATE SNMP, MIBs and OIDs!
- Benchmarking the Mikrotik Routerboard RB1100
- Synchronising Microsoft Exchange to Another IMAP Server
Tag Archives: vimbadmin
An FAQ post for future reference because, well, it’s a FAQ! ViMbAdmin is primarily a database frontend for managing virtual mailboxes with mail services such as Postfix and Dovecot. A frequently asked question is does it / can it support … Continue reading
As part of pushing our new release of ViMbAdmin, I wrote up a mini how-to for setting up a virtual email system on Ubuntu where the components are: Postfix as the SMTP engine; Dovecot for IMAP. POP3, Sieve and LMTP; … Continue reading