Thoughts, ramblings and rants of a husband, father, network engineer, sysadmin, coder, company owner, employer, closet geek, sci fi fan, political anorak, impatient grump...
I live in Dublin, Ireland with my wife and daughter. I founded and manage Open Solutions, a company specialising in internet infrastructure. I also help ensure the internet keeps working in Ireland with INEX.
Tagsasterisk brute force doctrine doctrine orm dovecot email emily ge11 git github gitorious humour inex internet radiio ipv6 ixp ixp manager laravel linkedin links linux monitoring mysql nagios nagios-plugins newstalk OSS_SNMP os x php politics postfix postfixadmin postfix admin privacy radio referendum rte radio seanad sixxs snmp tallystick today fm video video encoding ffmpeg vimbadmin
Top Posts & Pages
- Recovering an LVM Physical Volume
- Monitoring SSL Certificate Expiry Dates with Nagios
- Git Web Applications (aka GitHub Alternatives)
- Apple OS X as an NFS Server (with Linux Clients)
- Enabling External Commands in Nagios / Ubuntu
- Benchmarking the Mikrotik Routerboards RB750 and RB750G
- Useful RANCID Debugging Tips
- Recovering MySQL Master-Master Replication
- Top 15 UI Libraries on GitHub (with 1500+ watchers)
- Benchmarking the Mikrotik Routerboard RB1100
Monthly Archives: December 2011
Jenkins is an award-winning application that monitors executions of repeated jobs, such as building a software project or jobs run by cron. Among those things, current Jenkins focuses on the following two jobs: (1) building/testing software projects continuously; and (2) monitoring executions … Continue reading