Open Solutions are pleased to announce the immediate availability of our latest free and open source web application, ViMbAdmin (vim-be-admin). ViMbAdmin is a web based interface which will allow you to manage mailboxes, virtual domains and aliases.
ViMbAdmin is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 3, or (at your option) any later version.
ViMbAdmin was entirely funded by Open Solutions and developed by our staff. If you find this application of value, please consider making a donation to our chosen charity.
ViMbAdmin was written in PHP using our own web application framework which includes the Zend Framework, the Doctrine ORM and the Smarty templating system with JQuery on the frontend.
ViMbAdmin is hosted on its own Google Code project page where you can find documentation, browse the source code and access our Subversion repository. We have set up a Google Groups discussion group and you can read our ViMbAdmin blog posts.
ViMbAdmin can work as a slot in replacement for Postfix Admin with a few MySQL ALTER statements.
- Super admin(s) user level with full access;
- Admin(s) user level with access only to assigned domains and their mailboxes and aliases;
- Super admins can create and modify super admins and admins;
- JQuery Datatable throughout for quick in browser searching and pagination;
- Create, modify and purge domains including limited the number of mailboxes and aliases a non-super admin can create per-domain;
- Activate / deactivate admins, domains, mailboxes and aliases at the click of a button;
- Full logging;
- Facility for users (mailbox owners) to change their password;
- Forgotten Password / Password Reset function for admins;
- Very configurable including:
- set default values for quotas, number of mailboxes and aliases for domain creation;
- templated welcome and settings email for users;
- either plain or MD5 mailbox password support;