Thoughts, ramblings and rants of a husband, father, network engineer, sysadmin, coder, company owner, employer, closet geek, sci fi fan, political anorak, impatient grump...
I live in Dublin, Ireland with my wife and daughter. I founded and manage Open Solutions, a company specialising in internet infrastructure. I also help ensure the internet keeps working in Ireland with INEX.
Tagsasterisk brute force doctrine doctrine orm dovecot email emily ge11 git github gitorious humour inex internet radiio ipv6 ixp ixp manager laravel linkedin links linux monitoring mysql nagios nagios-plugins newstalk OSS_SNMP os x php politics postfix postfixadmin postfix admin privacy radio referendum rte radio seanad sixxs snmp tallystick today fm video video encoding ffmpeg vimbadmin
Top Posts & Pages
- Apple OS X as an NFS Server (with Linux Clients)
- Monitoring SSL Certificate Expiry Dates with Nagios
- Recovering an LVM Physical Volume
- Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise Pangolin) and PHP 5.4 (again)
- Benchmarking the Mikrotik Routerboard RB1100
- Benchmarking the Mikrotik Routerboards RB750 and RB750G
- Doctrine2 Provider for Laravel 5 with Authentication Support
- Useful RANCID Debugging Tips
- Synchronising Microsoft Exchange to Another IMAP Server
- Enabling External Commands in Nagios / Ubuntu