Thoughts, ramblings and rants of a husband, father, network engineer, sysadmin, coder, company owner, employer, closet geek, sci fi fan, political anorak, impatient grump...
I live in Dublin, Ireland with my wife and daughter. Co-founder of Island Bridge Networks - a company specialising in internet infrastructure providing NetDevOps services. Founder of Open Solutions which provides an out-sourced CTO service to start-ups. I also help ensure the internet keeps working in Ireland with INEX.
Subscribe to My Blog
Tagsaddressbook asterisk brute force doctrine doctrine orm dovecot email emily ge11 git github gitorious humour inex internet radiio ipv6 ixp ixp manager laravel ldap linkedin links linux monitoring mysql nagios nagios-plugins openldap OSS_SNMP php politics postfix postfix admin postfixadmin privacy radio referendum rte radio seanad sixxs snmp tallystick today fm video vimbadmin
Top Posts & Pages
- Apple OS X as an NFS Server (with Linux Clients)
- Recovering an LVM Physical Volume
- Benchmarking the Mikrotik Routerboard RB1100
- Benchmarking the Mikrotik Routerboards RB750 and RB750G
- Top 15 UI Libraries on GitHub (with 1500+ watchers)
- Virtual Mail with Ubuntu, Postfix, Dovecot and ViMbAdmin
- Git Web Applications (aka GitHub Alternatives)
- Multi-Master LDAP Replication
- A PHP SNMP Library for People Who HATE SNMP, MIBs and OIDs!
- GIMP: Change Background from Black / White to Transparent
Tag Archives: ixp
I spent the first few days of St Patrick’s week last month in Leeds at the first of the two annual Euro-IX conferences on behalf of INEX. Trefor Davies, of trefor.net, organised a series of articles called Peering Week on his … Continue reading
Over in INEX we run a route server cluster which alleviates the burden of setting up bilateral peering sessions for the more than 80% of the members that use them. The current hardware is now about six years old and … Continue reading